Some of the most rapid and exciting developments in technology are taking place around mobile devices at the moment. This is in theory presenting CIOs and business stakeholders with some great choices to help optimise the way people work.
However, while some might refer to the landscape as being ‘rich and dynamic’, a more pragmatic description for planning and investment purposes would be ‘fragmented and volatile’. Against this background, formulating plans around mobile device adoption is not easy.
In this analyst’s commentary:
• Summary of findings from views of 664 IT & business professionals
• The two device classes that are a 'must-have' for most mobile professionals going forward
• Overall cost of ownership is the metric that really matters
• Which platform(s) should you be focussing on?
• A sensible approach to your mobile device strategy